For the more information about natural sounds and night skies in the National Park Service, please visit http://www.nature.nps.gov/sound_night/.
- Natural Sounds Program Brochure
- Natural Sounds Program Poster
- Ways to Enjoy Natural Sound
- Why Are Acoustic Resources Important?
- National Park Guide: Protecting and enhancing soundscapes
- Commercial Air Tour Reporting Spreadsheet
- Federal Aviation Administration ATMP Website
- Grand Canyon National Park, Overflight Documents
- List of the national park units requiring ATMP's (by region)
- Map of national park units requiring ATMP
- Report on Effects of Aircraft Overflights on the National Park System: Report to Congress, 1995
- Fristrup, K. and Mennitt, D. Bioacoustical Monitoring in Terrestrial Environments. 2012 (This article appeared in Acoustics Today, Vol. 8, Issue 3 and may also be found at this link. Copyright (2012) Acoustical Society of America. This article may be downloaded for personal use only. Any other use requires prior permission of the author and the Acoustical Society of America.)
- NSNSD Acoustical Monitoring Training Manual
- Annotated Bibliography on the Effects of Noise on Wildlife
- Annotated Bibliography on the Effects of Noise on Visitor Experience and Soundscape
- Radle, A.L. The Effects of Noise on Wildlife: A Literature Review. In World Forum for Acoustic Ecology. June 2002.
Soundscape-Related Planning Documents
- Denali National Park and Preserve Final Backcountry Management Plan, January 2006
- Winter Use Plans, Final EIS - Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- Zion National Park Soundscape Management Plan